Best Compact Refrigerator Reviews
Compact refrigerators are great as a second fridge. Their size makes it easy to fit in any room, such as a dorm room, bonus room, mini-bar, or work shop. Now you can have some tasty snacks and a cold drink with you where ever you are. As long as you keep in mind the intended use for a compact refrigerator, you will not be disappointed with it. Take a look at the rest of this review to help you pick out the best compact refrigerator for your particular needs.
The Best Compact Refrigerator for Me Chart
What should I Consider when I am looking for the best compact refrigerator for me?
- Capacity. Not all compact refrigerators are created equal. Some compact refrigerators have more storage space than others. You need to consider what you are going to store in it such as a large milk container or several canned beverages.
- Does it have a Freezer Section? Many only come with a small freezer shelf. If you are planning on storing a lot of frozen items, look for a fridge with an expanded freezer section and a thermostat.
- Is it Portable? How heavy is it? This may be used as a dorm fridge and you might have to carry it up a flight of stairs.
- What is its Energy usage? Some fridges use a lot of energy but don’t provide a lot of cooling. Look for a fridge with a high energy rating compared to price.
What are the Pros of a compact refrigerator?
- Size. It doesn’t take up a lot of extra space and fits in great as an extra fridge in your room.
- Price. They are really cheap when compared to a traditional fridge.
- Convenience. Now you don’t have to make trips to the kitchen to get a cold drink.
What are the Cons of a compact refrigerator?
- They have a small capacity. These are not meant to be your main refrigerator. They are more suited to being a dorm, hotel, or break room fridge. They can not hold the same amount of food and drink as a regular fridge.
- It doesn’t get as cold as a regular fridge. Many compact refrigerators don’t get as cold as a standard fridge. If you plan on storing things such as milk, you need to keep this in mind.
Editor’s Choice In-depth Review
Finding the best compact refrigerator for you can be a difficult task. You might be tempted to just go to the local store and by the first thing that you see. But don’t do that. There is a lot more to these small fridges then meets the eye.
Frigidaire – 3.1 Cu. Ft. Compact Refrigerator – Silver
Why is this the best compact refrigerator out there?
Quite simply because of its 2-door design. It features 1 fridge door and a separate freezer door for your frozen foods. Now you don’t have to worry about not having enough room in your mini fridge to hold all of your frozen food. Furthermore, in testing the freezer section proved to get cold enough to properly freeze the food.
Another great feature is the easy to reach temperature dial control. Now you don’t have to reach around the back of the fridge to change the temperature.
Also, the storage space is impressive. It can easily hold a large amount of leftovers, drinks, and frozen items and still have enough room for more.
If you are looking for the best compact refrigerator that performs just as well as your traditional fridge but takes a fraction of the room, you should consider this one.