Best Wine Refrigerator Reviews
Wine refrigerators are fridges designed to keep your wine at the ideal temperature. This is a great fridge for the novice wine enthusiast. It provides an economical way to store your growing wine collection. Check out the rest of the review to help you find the best wine refrigerator for you.
The Best Wine Refrigerator Chart
What should I consider when I am looking for the best wine refrigerator for me?
- How much wine do you plan on having? This is the most important thing to think about when buying the best wine refrigerator for you. Think about how much wine you plan on having and then double that amount as your wine collection is going to grow over time. Most manufacturers size their fridges based off of Bordeaux-size bottles, so if you plan on storing Burgundy and Champagne bottles, keep this in mind.
- Look for an aluminum interior. This better helps to conduct the cold in the wine fridge.
- Look at the shelving style. Some wine fridges are built with wire racks and others are built with wooden racks. Consider getting one with a wooden rack as these are more stable. Also, look for a fridge with sliding shelves. This makes it easier to access the wine and read their labels. Check to see how smoothly the shelves pull out.
- Door design. Some fridges come with glass doors for better viewing. Others come with solid doors for better insulation. If you are considering getting a glass door style, make sure that the glass is UV protected because light exposure can harm the wine.
- Look for a fridge that doesn’t shake a lot. Vibration is bad for your wine. Look for wine fridges that address this problem. Consider thermoelectric cooling which doesn’t use a compressor.
- Temperature control. Look for a wine fridge that provides temperature control. Some fridges come with dual zone temperature control so that you can store more than one type of wine.
What are the Pros of a wine refrigerator?
- They are great for short term storage. Get one if you drink your wine quickly after buying it.
- They keep your wine at the perfect constant temperature. They are much better and more specific at keeping your wine at the perfect wine temperature.
What are the Cons of a wine refrigerator?
- Most do not control how humid it is.
Most wine fridges keep the humidity around 30%. Most wine should be stored at 60%-70% humidity. Over time this can dry out the cork and cause air to get into the wine. If you are planning on keeping the wine for a long time, then this might not be the best option and you should consider a wine cellar.
Editor’s Choice In-depth Review
Haier 12-Bottle Dual Zone Curved Door with Smoked Glass Wine Cellar
The Haier 12-Bottle Dual Zone is the best wine refrigerator that we reviewed. It offers all of the features that a larger fridge has while fitting it into a really small frame.
Its greatest feature is is dual temperature zones. Now you can store both your red and white wines at the same time. Each zone is independent of each other. The upper compartment adjusts between 46-66F while the lower compartment adjust between 54-66F.
Instead of using a traditional compressor to cool it down, it uses thermo electric cooling. This means that it is vibration free, which is perfect for storing your wine.
If you are just starting out with your wine collection, or just want to store a few wine bottles, this is the best wine refrigerator for you.